We are looking for a Sales Mechanical Engineer to assist us in growing our customer base and provide engineering services to our existing customers.
Our company works in the industrial controls sector as a leader in developing custom control packages including heat recovery, custom air handling equipment to provide tight tolerance temperature and humidity, providing instrumentation, controls, boiler/burner retrofits, and custom heat recovery applications related to industrial boiler facilities. All design applications are made with great consideration to saving energy for our customers in the form of natural gas, electrical and cool capacity.
Below are some notes regarding the position.
- Travel is required 50-75% of the time, to assist with sales, aid with equipment installation, training, and troubleshooting
- Prospect new business relationships
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedules.
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepare proposals/quotes to be presented to the customer
- Prepares cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents, consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Develop a solid understanding of products, technical specifications, and applications
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising a customer on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Review drawings and gather quotes from vendors for estimating projects, as needed
- Assist in the development of complete job setup package upon award of projects
Engineering License is strongly recommended but not required however we are also willing to work with you to acquire your licensing.
Benefits: Health Insurance (we pay 100% of individual insurance premium), Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vision Insurance, Retirement plan (401(k), 401(k) matching), Paid Time Off